Free Dive Log BETA Screenshots DUW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

usmc4x4

Contributor
Reaction score
Ok I still have loads of code to put in the backend but I think I have the basic design for the main part of the log. Please review and let me know if there is anything you see I am missing or should remove. Thanks....

This the launch and summary page
LaunchPage.JPG

Create your own gear list and track the date it was bought, I will be adding a service date as well and offer a reminder service for those that take advantage of the upload option.
GearSet.JPG

Add your dive, I will adding boxes to encapsulate the different areas but want to finalize them first.
adddive.JPG

Upload your dive info for safe keeping and online reference.
upload.JPG

Once the logs are online I will offer a signature service that will allow you to use tokens to like the IMG tags you use here to create a Forums signature with your up-to-date stats such as deepest, coldest, longest dive. Whatever I can pull from your log. Let me know what you think, I know all of this will be a work in progress but I would hate to get a feature request a day after release. I am sure I will be busy fixing bugs at that time. :D

I might, I like the way it looks better than any of the others that are out. Though I've never used software before...

What'd you write it in?

usmc4x4:
.NET c#

I've just started but I can incorporate ideas if there is something that you have been looking for.
Thought that's what it looked like.

A big THANKS for doing that work! It looks great and I would definately like to check it out. Is there any plan to include an option to include (or link to) pictures taken of the dive?

Also, I think it would be nice to have a Dive Site reference area where you could include info about local dive sites including things like: attractions, max depth, driving time, altitude (for us mountain folks!), aquatic species to look for, underwater sites, photo area...etc.. May be nice to have a "Rolodex" of all the places you could dive nearby...

Looks great so far!

Greg A

Really cool idea and project.

One minor thing, on the "Add a dive" section you have a drop down for your buddy. Sometimes you may dive with a group of 3....will the drop down be capable of multi selections?

I like the idea of the internet uploading and having it available to link to stats. I could see myself using it for the fun factor as well as having all my info in a digital format.

not bad as a beta :). do you actually intend to host the server for it to support some of the intended and before mentioned features? while i am not actively keeping logs of all my dives, beside classes and the rather sporadic notes on sites i find interesting, memorable or more explorable (and like to have notes about previous dives) it looks rather intriguing (that looks like wrong spelling to me LOL). nice first version, keep it coming!

by the way, if you have in mind to host online options, try to think about a general database option for divesites, without showing the "personal" stuff. it might be a fast growing online database of divesites ppl would love to reference.

LSDeep:
not bad as a beta :). do you actually intend to host the server for it to support some of the intended and before mentioned features? while i am not actively keeping logs of all my dives, beside classes and the rather sporadic notes on sites i find interesting, memorable or more explorable (and like to have notes about previous dives) it looks rather intriguing (that looks like wrong spelling to me LOL). nice first version, keep it coming!

Yes it will integrate with the site I am currently running. www.iyadyal.com

I really like the idea of a dive site network. If this were to be exclusivly online it would be easier but I know some people would prefer to keep everything local. I will integrate the ability to set almost all aspects of your log to be private or public. I will have created a full feature list and will be stepping through it one feature at a time. One nice thing I can do is deploy the beta and then create an autoupdate feature so that when you launch the application it would ask to check for updates and apply them if you wish. This will allow me to get a product out and features will just keep showing up for the end user.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom