Jean Michel Cousteau shark special..anyone watch?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sasscuba

Contributor
Reaction score
Was on PBS tonight, Thought it was well done and was very good.:D

Way better than that Great White Robot show last week......

I thought it was a good show. I just happened on to it while channel surfing. It really reminded me of the old Cousteau specials, right down to the diver outfits and streamlined tanks. I hope he does a few more.

I thought it was very well done. What made it even better was that my wife and I just got back a couple of weeks ago from Rangiroa, diving all the spots they were talking about. Very cool!

I tivo'd it but haven't gotten a chance to watch it. If you go to pbs.org/oceanadventures it looks like it's going to be a series!! You can purchase 2 DVD's the one from tonight, and then one where they go to the now protected northeast?? hawaiian islands.

Crap! I missed it, anyone know when it will re-air?

I really enjoyed the diving sequences, especially the Great White stuff. Cousteau was a guest last weekend on ScubaRadio and he spoke briefly about the preparations for the GW filming in South Africa. His main point was, "don't try this at home." Duh...:D

I thought this was the best of the three in the series so far (gray whales on the 19th of this month)... good underwater footage, smooth story line, good narration (Pierce Bosnan), nice music... it all seemed to go together nicely. I also thought it reminded me of some of the older documentaries JMC did with his father including the TBS series I worked on (Cousteau's "Rediscovery of the World") in the 80's.

opalobsidian:
Didn't one of the Couteaus die while diving? Does anyone remember the particulars?

Pamela

That was Phillipe. I think he died in a small plane crash but I can't remember the details.

Very good special. Balanced shark observation and conservationism in one smooth package.

The GW footage was awesome (I didn't breath) but I loved the footage of the 4 knot drift dive back to the lagoon. WOW!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom