What are the physical tests in the SSI Stress and Rescue Course?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubarealtor

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Can anyone tell me what they had to do the pool during the SSI Stress and Rescue Course?

Primary I'm wondering if the swimming is down with or without fins. I usually swim laps freestyle about twice a week, but if the pool work for this class is done with fins on I'm going to start wearing my fins until after the class.

I did 4 dives last Saturday and had alot of trouble with my legs cramping.

Thanks

We had to swim while carrying a diver and stripping both their, and our, gear off, while buddy breathing, and then lift them out the pool.

During the checkout dives, we had to swim a certain distance with the diver dofting our gear(and theirs) while towing them in. Our second dive was spent moving a diver with three different methods for a certain distance as well.

Excellent class to take, one of the few I think worth the $$. Most can be learned with experience, but this class will teach you something.

SBM,

Do you see me doing something of that nature or will it be more of a two-armed thing? I'm sure I'm big enough to do some of it, I'm just not sure. I guess my instructor (or I'll ask him/her) to let me try the skils before class tarts or something. Unless it's just me and Frank...

I guess I'll find out after AOW and several more dives.

Michael

Back
Top Bottom