do you log "solo" dives in your log book?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

birdwrasse

Contributor
Reaction score
my computer keeps track of everything, but since there isn't anyone to sign my book, and having it on the computer only proves that it went down, what do you do?

--c

what i was thinking about was the dives without a buddy... i still have my book signed when i go with others...

--c

solo divers don't log.

basically.

Now...maybe nemrod and captain do....

you dont have to have someone sighn your book to know or show you did the dive, a LOT of mine arent sighnd and a lot are solo dives, i wouldnt worry about the sighning part , but logging YOUR dive should be important for you!!!! i always log my dives , solo or not , all except dives if i am teaching a class!!! i dont log the dives when teaching!!!

I log all dives. Not so much to prove I did them, since I have enough for most operators that want to know. But I log them for me. I do a good percentage of solo dives on my zodiac. Since I have done many if not most dives sites to many times to go back I do exploratory dives. Watching my depth sounder and splashing at any likely place that looks interesting. The log book tells me where I dove and if I want to go back. I guess I also want to be able to know when I hit those milestone dives. Not just guessing.

good points... i've done a few dives that were just to be in the water... not really going anywhere... 10-15 feet at the lake...

i'm waiting on a new 1st stage for my back-up air, and then i'll be out more on my own!!! i'm going to start logging those, for sure then.

thanks for the input!!!

--c

I agree log everything over 15 feet. I also write notes about fish, etc. Since I dive every weekend it helps me remember what I did when from year to year. I also have a program that adds my pictures to the log on the laptop and try to track changes due to hurricanes, etc from year to year. It is just plain cool to relive it between dives.

catherine96821:
solo divers don't log.

basically.

Now...maybe nemrod and captain do....

I'm a solo diver. I have 485 logged solo dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom