Divers and skull caps...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

erparamedic

Vampire Girl......er Dork
Reaction score
I know lots of men wear skull caps when diving. I am a lady diver, and in the process of growing out my hair, and it's not long enough for a pony tail yet... but it is long enough to be a real pain in the butt with my mask (and I have a comfy velcro mask strap). It's also just long enough that I can, from time to time, see my hair floating around me. It just bugs me! I'm thinking, a skull cap may help with the hair situation.

My questions are... where do you buy a skull cap? I've not seen them at my LDS. Do you know of any good online sites? Are there any women reading this that have used skull caps for "hair control"... and did it work? Of course it would be a temporary fix, just until my hair is long enough to pull up, then it won't be an issue anymore.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

My wife has the same problem. She uses a bandana. We were in Costa Rica and one of the DMs had long hair and that is what he used. She got some at AC More for a couple bucks. I have also seen some for sale on-line I think they are called scubadorags or something like that but the were like $30. My wife has been very happy with her AC More bandana though.

I have a Dee Rag. Not only is it a great thing to keep my head from getting sunburned while onthe surface, Dee is a wonderful lady and should get your business.

DennisW:
I have a Dee Rag. Not only is it a great thing to keep my head from getting sunburned while onthe surface, Dee is a wonderful lady and should get your business.

I'll second that.

I'll third it. And Dee has a lot of wonderful patterns. Each is handmade, so make sure you give her enough time to get it to you.

Another vote for Dee, she's a member here on the board and a real sweetie! She'll take good care of you.
Ber :lilbunny:

The Dee-rags are exactly what I am looking for! Thanks so much for the site. I knew I could depend on SB for great recommendations!

Back
Top Bottom