Good luck and other superstitions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

offroaddiver

Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
With recent bad luck with diving, having to cancel a dive trip twice due to @#$@ happening, it donned on me to ask a question on this forum. What do other divers out there do for good luck. There's got to be some way of getting rid of the bad ju-ju.

I've heard of people attaching a rabbits foot to their keys so they don't loose them while diving...Can't be too lucky wasn't for the rabbit and water tends to eat stuff like that.

I'm looking for charms, superstitions, procedures, whatever people do to get that extra bit of confidence to ensure a good dive trip and day of diving.

I never buy a t-shirt until the diving's done.

Jcsgt:
I never buy a t-shirt until the diving's done.

I don't buy the t-shirt until the morning of the dive (or race). If I buy it before something goes wrong and I can't participate and then can't say the shirt commemorates my having participated. If I wait until the event is over, they run out of shirts.

Beyond the foregoing, I think it is bad luck to be superstitious.

On a more pracrtical level, I've got a list of things to prepare or bring on a dive, going through the list before leaving home seems to bring me good luck. So, too, does checking all connections and releases and discussing the dive plan with my buddy before entering the water.

Luck is the convergence of opportunity and preparation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom