Dive portal DVD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RobbieTheHun

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I love all things underwater... I really do! If theres a program on TV that has anything even remotely to do with underwater life or exploration or conservation etc, I'm in!....in fact if they had shot that Pink Panther movie with Steve Martin in it, underwater I would probably have loved it.....OK, liked it.....OK, tolerated it....who am I kidding it still would have sucked but you get the idea. So, it was with some excitement that I received the premiere issue of "Dive Portal". This is a 2 hour DVD magazine hosted by John Chatterton and Richie Kohler. John and Richie collaborated with Kirk Wolfinger (also of DSD), to produce this 2 hour show and it looks like it's their baby.

I have to say I was impressed, they did a very nice job. They covered a lot of ground including diving to the bottom of the Blue Hole of Belize, a bit of a scare on that dive, Maine Scallop diving, NURC's Aquaruis and a couple of really nice interviews with with Stan Waterman and Evie Dundas to name but a few.

All in all, they tried to touch quite a few bases, wreck diving, reef diving, deep technical diving, scallop diving and were not shy about imparting information on local flavor.

The flipside, and I would put these more down to growing pains than anything else would be, sound production needs to be worked on and the overall presentation of the packaging and internal booklet is cheap looking, but these are just minor gripes in an otherwise worthwile experience.

Cost is 20 bucks plus shipping and I think it's supposed to come out every quarter. Anyone interested should visit www.diveportaldvd.com

That is all.

I got the video and thought it was very enjoyable. Didn't those scallops look great. When Chatterton ate a raw one when they got back on the boat, did it look like Kohler initially had this expression...Please tell me you're not going to eat that raw...Now I'm going to have to eat one...:)

Back
Top Bottom