Rice crispies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubacorn

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi everyone!

I'm down in St. Kitts (schooling) and have done more snorkeling than diving (only 2 dives here so far). Everytime I go for a "surface dive" I hear a crunching noise, similar to the sound of rice crispies after milk is poured on them. Do any of you know what creature is making this noise? Also, what other noises do you happen to hear while you're diving or snorkeling?

My first guess was shrimp also. The Mantis Shrimp are really noisy - just get some in your marine aquarium. If there are Parrot Fish, they crunch on the coral too.

My vote also goes to parrot fish! They're constantly chewing on coral and pooping sand! :)

It's the sharks smacking their lips when they see you enter the water.

Good luck with that.

I would also say shrimp.

Your LDS is stuffing Rice Krispies in your BC so you will come back and have it serviced. If you listen close they will sound like a salt water crackling rather than a milk crackling.

If it doesn't go away after they get soggy it's shrimp doing the wild thing. :D

But then again it could be a Russian Underwater Death Ray.

Gary D.

I would have to say that it's the sharks crunching on the tank from the last diver they ate. They're eyeing you next. MMMMM, Scubacorn for desert!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom