what does that 5/16 hex screw do...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

birdwrasse

Contributor
Reaction score
i have one 2nd stage regulator that are screwed all the way in... that do not adjust. my aqualung titan though can turn. what is this adjustment for?

thanks,

--carlos

...I have no idea what you're asking. Perhaps be a little more precise...with better grammar?

It is the adjustment for your IP (intermediate pressure). DON'T TOUCH IT! You need to have an IP guage attached and and understanding of what you are doing BEFORE you turn it.

thanks... i think my dive shop did an adjustment to it a few days ago... it wasn't in balance... seems to be working okay, now...

thanks,

--c

oh, is this something i can adjust myself?

What do you mean it wasn't "in balance" ?

i got a free octopus and bought a 1st stage for it to use with a pony bottle as a redundant air source... the 2nd stage would free flow, occasionally, so i brought it into my lds. the owner did some kind of adjustment and now it doesn't... he must have adjusted that screw... "balanced" it...

--c

I believe what you're looking for (perhaps) is that he lowered the intermediate pressure. Then again I'm not a regulator tech.
However, you can't just go into a shop and get a reg "balanced"--that is a design principle that is built into the regulator at the factory.

ah.... so, if it does it again, i can just turn it down by turning it one way or the other?

--c

Since it would appear that you are NOT a regulator technician, I would suggest not adjusting it yourself and let your LDS deal with it. I'd rather have someone who is (hopefully) versed in what they're doing deal with it for $ than to try and save some $, do it myself, and drown.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom