Training the next generation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Halthron

Contributor
Reaction score
Like any proud parent, I wanted to brag a bit. Sunday saw my 12 year old getting certified. She was one of two students the (hand picked) instructor was running through checkout dives and from what I saw (I stayed in the general area on the first three and accompanied them on the fourth), she did okay.

She's already expresed an interest in cave diving as long as "they aren't really tight caves, those are scary."

And for the record, I consider her as safe a diver as any insta-buddy.

Now to give her a few fun dives before continuing her education into buoyancy, air sharing, mask clearing, toxing diver, etc. Too bad she can't take DIR-F until she's 16. :eyebrow:

Halthron:
And for the record, I consider her as safe a diver as any insta-buddy.

I'm not sure how I feel about this comment...
That isn't a hit on you or your daughter, but all my experiences with insta-buddies on boats have usually led to horrible dives. :11:

That was sort of my point. Some people comment that a child can't be a safe diver when, IMO, she's as safe as any other beginner.

Back
Top Bottom