am i a bad *****

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dan Dan the Scuba Man

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I was just wondering, is it's very bad to go past 60 ft by a few feet?

i'm an OW diver and i'm looking into a Naui AOW course,(orPADI). i love diving and i know the procedures of AOW diving ( I was taught in a class the was cobined with an AOW class) so far i havent streched my limits by far ( 60-65 ft) i was just wondering what i should do...

The dive plan is normally made to incorperate a bit deeper than 60ft if it is required...

You are going to die!:D

Dan Dan the Scuba Man:
I was just wondering, is it's very bad to go past 60 ft by a few feet?

i'm an OW diver and i'm looking into a Naui AOW course,(orPADI). i love diving and i know the procedures of AOW diving ( I was taught in a class the was cobined with an AOW class) so far i havent streched my limits by far ( 60-65 ft) i was just wondering what i should do...

The dive plan is normally made to incorperate a bit deeper than 60ft if it is required...
OMG you're gonna DIE!!

:joke:

Seriously...
You should reference the dive tables, and plan your dives accordingly. Nobody's gonna get you for going "too deep" there aren't any PADI police :wink:

Watch out!!!! The Scubber Po-leese is ever whur!!!
They'zll revoke your c-card iffen ya go deeper than 60'.

Nope . . . no problem.
As has been stated, follow your tables.

Safe dives . . . . .
. . . safer ascents

the K

The idea is to make progressively deeper dives in similar conditions. Stretch your limits 10 feet at a time. And of course, make and follow your plan. By doing baby steps, you will learn more about your air consumption at depth than doing 1 deep AOW dive.

^ this is why I love Scubaboard ^ :)

Do what you feel comfortable with, and what's within the tables, is the short and sweet version...

Example, my wife and I went to Maui shortly after being certified with only OW and PPB under our belts. On our first boat dive (ever), our DM (actually a certified instructor) basically made the dive plan a "tour" dive, eveyone had buddy's (strange cause from scubaboard it seems like insta-buddy's are more common than eveyone already having a buddy with them). The plan was basically to check-out the reef with a max depth of 50-55 ft, OR if the garden eels were out a max of 65 foot.

Imagine my delite when we were at 67fsw staring at these strange and wonderful garden eels. I had never before seen anything like them. It was like a living flower bed of sorts.

So long story short, no one ran out of air, no one "bobbed/corked" etc. Our DM was tickled pink cause he actually got to enjoy a dive :)

So, do what feels right, heck, I thumbed a dive at 20ffw cause a bluegill had ripped a hole in my ear (later I found out my ear was really fine, just a tiny bit of blood)... Man those little suckers can get mean.. But the point was I wasn't comfortable anymore, so what was the point in contiuning the dive? So I thumbed, we had a SI, and we went again (this time I wore my hood anyway!)

Dan,
By the sound of it you'd like to.

Well my advice would be to stay shallow and practice slow ascents and your skills so that when you do go deep you'll enjoy it more. There's no point going deep for the sake of it - no point whatsoever - but if your diving is progressing to the point where you have a good reason to do so then maybe seeking out extra training is the way to go. (by deep I mean past 18m/60feet).

On my 13th dive I went to 124feet - looking back now it was a bad move, I felt nervous, narced and came close to panic all because I thought the measure of a diver was depth. I was wrong and nearly dead wrong.
You might be made of stronger stuff than me but a bit of advice I got from tech divers is that if they could see what they want to see at shallow depths then shallow it would be. Ultimately you get to decide - a few feet won't matter much but try limiting yourself to a specific depth shallow than 60 feet and see if you can maintain your buoyancy at a fixed depth - it's a good exercise if you are tempted to go deeper and will help you in later dives. I suspect may would disagree with me but at least you have another opinion to listen to.

Robert Phillips:
You are going to die!:D
no.. You are going to h**l ... lol <; jk
the above was edited due to the young tender ears and age of the original poster.. HE

cascbagrl:
Plan your dive, dive your plan...and get AOW certified :)

Right, you're going to learn a lot about deep diving from your "experience" dive. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom