Trimix gas blend

Which category of trimix do you dive most?

• Hyperoxic, mix yielding a % of O2 in excess of 23%

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Normoxic, mix of between 22 and 18%

Votes: 19 76.0%
  • Hypoxic, mix of between 17 and 10%

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Anoxic, mix of 9% or less

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

texdiveguy

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
For those of you here on the board that dive trimix, which *catagory of mix do you dive most,,,and on 'average' how many trimix dives will you do in a typical year?

Hyperoxic, mix yielding a % of O2 in excess of 23%

Normoxic, mix of between 22 and 18%

Hypoxic, mix of between 17 and 10%

Anoxic, mix of 9% or less

:)

This may be better suited in the technical diving forum.

I will eventually be persuing trimix myself, though. I can't wait, but I know I need much more training before I can get there, it CANNOT be rushed !

rocketry:
This may be better suited in the technical diving forum.

I thought the same thing,,,,but really saw no suitable sub catagory...so placed it here.

Some recreational divers are diving hyperoxic mix.

TheRedHead:
Some recreational divers are diving hyperoxic mix.

That is true,,,infact unless you are engaged in diving for a payed job//research or military....the vast majority of us are in it for 'recreational' purposes.

do it easy:
How about a poll?

I failed SB Poll set-up 101 the other day....so opted to go this route in hopes folks might share just like you did...THANKS!

I was thinking about IANTD's Recreational Trixmix certification which is not "technical diving." But I agree Tex, that the seperation between the two is artificial.

For me, I am not "supposed" to dive Trimix, but I can dive to 180 feet on air. Very silly, IMO.

TheRedHead:
I was thinking about IANTD's Recreational Trixmix certification which is not "technical diving." But I agree Tex, that the seperation between the two is artificial.

I understand what you mean with the diff. agencies and courses in mixed gas diving.....for this thread , ALL trimix level divers are welcome to share!! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom