5 hrs till DM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trixxie

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
well today is finally here! :D

in a little over 5 hrs I will be doing my 400 Y swim, then assisting an AI w/5 divers in a scuba review (don't need this for DM class but just for the experience), then doing my rescue assessment (for the 2nd time since my Inst says we can never practice this enough). He has my app for DM all ready to mail and I am thinking it may take 2-3 weeks until I get my card and officially a DM. It has been an insightful 11 weeks. :book3:

I started my EAN class last night, can't wait to do my first dive with that.
Will be investing in a Suunto Cobra when DEMA rolls around :jump:

DM? I hope like me your dive count is frozen in the server "update".

Mauigal: Good luck!

spectrum: yeah, some of the info is getting pretty out of wack on the server. I think everyone might actually be better off if the 'logged dives' was just simply deleted, although I'm sure it would make some people cry :wink:

mauigal:
then assisting an AI w/5 divers in a scuba review (don't need this for DM class but just for the experience),

When the coin drops let us know... :)

Congratulations. This is a big step and if you take it seriously you're starting out on a great experience in diving but also in life..... Take time to reflect on what you've accomplished and to celebrate. You've earned it.

About the Cobra....It's a good computer but you need to read everything you can about configuration between now and Dema and deeply consider if a console mounted computer is what you want. It might be but make sure it's a conscious decision between the available options.

R..

Let me extend my prior off the cuff post to wish you belated good luck and extend my congratulations. Some buddies have gone your route and it was a significant commitment and effort.

Pete

Diver0001:
When the coin drops let us know... :)

Congratulations. This is a big step and if you take it seriously you're starting out on a great experience in diving but also in life..... Take time to reflect on what you've accomplished and to celebrate. You've earned it.

About the Cobra....It's a good computer but you need to read everything you can about configuration between now and Dema and deeply consider if a console mounted computer is what you want. It might be but make sure it's a conscious decision between the available options.

R..

Thanks everyone - too bad the mail does not run on sunday - application is filled out and ready to drop in the mail tomorrow for monday pick up.

almost gave up after 3 laps (6 if counting one down and one back) I looked up at my inst and his wife (who is also an inst) - she yelled to me 'don't you dare give up - you start swimming!' it was just the push I needed to finish - needed to finish in 12 min or less and came in with 15 seconds to spare - 11min 45 sec. whew, that was alot harder than I thought it was going to be.

I have a consol mounted Suunto companion right now. have read alot on the cobra from the Suunto website. Have thought about the D9, but I have heard of probs with communicaiton between the transmitter and dive computer. Seems like a wrist instrument is just one more thing to keep track of.....??? I am sure I will do alot of looking around at DEMA before I make my purchase but the Cobra is my current front runner.

and as for dive counts, yeah my total is no longer accurate... should say 0 - 15 :D
(riiiiiiiiiiiiight)

Another congrats on all but finishing your DM. I am on the other side of things. After being certified 11 years ago, I am just getting ready to START the DM training. I've been working on the timed swims so I may not be "there" but I'm getting close.

k4man:
Another congrats on all but finishing your DM. I am on the other side of things. After being certified 11 years ago, I am just getting ready to START the DM training. I've been working on the timed swims so I may not be "there" but I'm getting close.

the 400 to me was the hardest of them all. for some reason I didn't think it would be but it was. I did most of my laps as back stroke. I did about 3 or 4 just free style and I thought I was simply going to die! I think I was able to breath more/better being on my back.

Thanks and best wishes to you when it's time for your stamina swims

Back
Top Bottom