Uwatec Aladin Tec vs Suunto Cobra

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skraalie

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I have the opportunity to purchase either a Uwatec Aladin Tec (wrist) and use a spg or just get the Suunto Cobra.
Anyone have any thoughts either way?
Thanks.

My opinion would be the Suunto. I like their algorithm. In all fairness to Uwatec, I have never owned one. I have dove with Aeris, Oceanic and Cochran. Currently my primary is a Suunto Vytec DS and my secondary is a Cochran EMC-16. I have seen some negative things about the Uwatec products more than negative feedback on the Suunto.

Check out this article:

http://www.scubadiving.com/gear/dive_computers/smart%2c_sleek_and_sexy/
:lol:

The Suunto is a bit too conservative for me. I have a Tec, I'm pretty happy with it. It sure does do a bunch of stuff. I dive a Smart com on a day to day basis. I use the Tec for technical dives as a guage, or if I'm doing rec dives with doubles I use it as a computer. It seems like the same algorythm as the Smart com.

I have to agree with dschulte although I have never used the Uwatec most of my buddies use it I use to have the cobra but have upgraded to the Vytec ds uwatecs seem to have about a 3 year life span and are not user friendly as far as battery changing etc 3 out of 4 guys I know who use the uwatec have sent theres back for diffrent issues.

If you get the Uwatec Aladin Tec, then make sure it's the newer version; Uwatec Aladin Tec 2G. The model is popular among tech and DIR divers because of its exceptionally good gauge mode which includes an average depth display and seconds. I plan to eventually get one myself unless something even better comes out before then.

Disclaimer: I haven't used one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom