Scuba Magazines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive Training, Sport Diver, Scuba Diving
Ok I know it's too many...But it is Wisconsin

Dive training - no complaints at all so far
Scuba Diving - Way too much ad space, gear reviews always seem padded to the big advertisers, they refuse to say anything bad about anything. Look at thier resort reviews, the ones with the WORST consumer ratings still get positive remarks published about them.

Sport Diver, for me. Is one part of the PADI membership dues.

i'm a fan of wreck diving, advanced diver, and the nacd/nss-cds journals. the others mentioned i used to get, but i'm just not finding them interesting in the last year or so, so i dropped them.

Dive training has good long format fetures about real skills with a lot of useful information. It's a free monthly at most dive shops. Students can often get a free card for 6 months of home delivery. You can subscribe for $$ if you don't have a local shop passing it out.

Scuba Diving
gives some additional info and reviews of gear. We're not talking consumer reports but it's something to read and get shopping ideas from.

Both include features on dive travel, destinations and ecology/wildlife.

The best reading to become gear Savvy? The ScubaBoard gear forums! Point/counter point make your own decision and understand the pros and cons. The same sort of dialog on diving practices can be read in these forums.

Pete

Dive Training is a favorite of everyone. Free at most LDS's. This is prob my favorite

Scuba Diving - a slave to their advertisers. But you can pick it up on EBAY for $9.99 for two years (22 issues) (look for ones for sale by BlueSkyMagazines). That equates to about 45 cents per issue, which is about what it's worth. :D Fot that much, I'll subscribe to it.

(Florida) Scuba News - nice smaller magazine that has stories, articles, and advertisements from more 'local' shops. Most of them are based in Florida as it used to be called Florida Scuba News, but they are expanding now and have dropped Florida from the name. It's more grass roots, but still a good magazine. Free at many dive shops.

Sport Diver - requires membership in PADI's "club". Not worth the $35

Advance Diver Magazine - liked by some but expensive. $25 or $35 a year for something like 4 issues. Still a "small time magazine" but trying to make a big effort to get out there. Lots of fancy graphics and glossy pictures. Their editor is a member here and other boards. Check our your local mega-bookstore and you can flip through it. I think the bookstore price is high too. Like $6.95 or $7.95/issue. MY LDS gives them away for free on ocassion, check with yours.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom