PADI never thought of this?????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WVDiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So why doesn't PADI or other agencies make a C-Card that lists all of your certs. and respective numbers on one card? Everytime you get a new cert. a new card with the new cert and all your other certs. could be listed at once. It would make things easier for the diver who would only have to carry one card and it would be a good way for PADI to "put another dollar in". I could see one card being used for those of us with certs. from multiple agencies also.

I hate having a bunch of cards to carry around and keep track of. Stuffing my wallet or logbook with plastic cards is crazy.

I would buy one of these cards. Why not.

I would be possible to do, theoretically.... practically a whole different ball game. This would mean a central database with all certifications, or at least a network of linked databases.......

Most agencies have some issues with issuing their own cards, can you imagine if they then also have to track other agencies cards? Then there are the politics.... ...

Probably too cumbersome for many. Just take your cards that have the most benefit. If AOW, no need to carry OW. If adv. Nitrox, no need to carry Nitrox and so forth.

This could be an extention of OASIS and a Standard format created for all of the industry to use. This would also facilitate the ability to look-up and validate worldwide online. Neat idea, might run into some snags with the EU private information passing over the borders, and possibly with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). But I'm sure that could be overcome.

PADI will actually answer you if you email them. (from the times I've emailed them before).

we should all email them and ask them this. Just email webmaster@padi.com and ask them to forward your question to the appropiate person.

BTW.. Padi already has a database of all the cards you've gotten. You can even look it up online and see all your PADI certificaitons (under the lost card section).

Meng_Tze:
I would be possible to do, theoretically.... practically a whole different ball game. This would mean a central database with all certifications, or at least a network of linked databases.......

Most agencies have some issues with issuing their own cards, can you imagine if they then also have to track other agencies cards? Then there are the politics.... ...

Probably too cumbersome for many. Just take your cards that have the most benefit. If AOW, no need to carry OW. If adv. Nitrox, no need to carry Nitrox and so forth.

Forget about any cross agency cooperation or agreements.
But why not for all certifications within the agency?
i.e. Your Latest PADI card would have ALL your PADI certifictions.
Kind of like some states due with Motor Vehical licenses.
You have a single license but it shows if you have
other things like a motorcycle a license all on the same
single piece of plastic.

--- bill

Heck, I would be happy if they just put AOW, EAN, deep, and Rescue on the recreational cards. I do not think I need Boat diver, underwater naturalist, photographer, etc... on the card.

Just put the stuff you might need to show proof of on a trip on one card that you can show a DM or boat captain.

WVDiver:
So why doesn't PADI or other agencies make a C-Card that lists all of your certs. and respective numbers on one card? Everytime you get a new cert. a new card with the new cert and all your other certs. could be listed at once. It would make things easier for the diver who would only have to carry one card and it would be a good way for PADI to "put another dollar in". I could see one card being used for those of us with certs. from multiple agencies also.

I hate having a bunch of cards to carry around and keep track of. Stuffing my wallet or logbook with plastic cards is crazy.

I would buy one of these cards. Why not.

My SSI Advanced card has all my specialities listed and the number of dives I had when it was issued, which in practice means I only carry one card and never have to show a logbook.

DivingCRNA:
Heck, I would be happy if they just put AOW, EAN, deep, and Rescue on the recreational cards. I do not think I need Boat diver, underwater naturalist, photographer, etc... on the card.

Just put the stuff you might need to show proof of on a trip on one card that you can show a DM or boat captain.

My point exactly.

miketsp:
My SSI Advanced card has all my specialities listed and the number of dives I had when it was issued, which in practice means I only carry one card and never have to show a logbook.

See I knew someone should have done this by now. SSI has it together. I don't have any SSI certs. but I have several other agenices besides PADI. Does SSI list other agency certs. on their cards, or do you know?

Back
Top Bottom