dumb nitrox question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you are talking about taking the PADI EANx (Nitrox) course you are required to complete all the coursework, write/pass the exams, then do two open water dives in order to be certified in the Specialty.

~SubMariner~

Looking in my PADI "Enriched Air Diver Manual," the only "requirements" I can find to take the Nitrox course comes on page xii, where there is a PADI Continuing Education Course Flow.

This flow chart shows the Enriched Air course being available after Advanced OW certification. So it sounds like AOW is the minimum requirement, with no specific requirement for # of dives.

TDI will certify you for Nitrox (recreational) with ONLY academic work and NO DIVES REQUIRED.

There is even an ONLINE Nitrox course available.

You need only a basic openwater cert.

If your agency plays games like requiring AOW first, blow 'em off and get either a SSI or TDI cert - neither of them do.

PADI requires 10 dives or AOW

brandon

ps. I like TDI's course

You do not have to be AOW to get nitrox certified.As a matter of fact PADI lets you use that as a credit toward AOW.

For Nitrox to be of any benefit anyway, you'd have to be at depths deeper than what you would be certified for just OW. I waited until after AOW to get my Nitrox cert.

Mel
PADI Rescue Diver

Back
Top Bottom