And how do YOU check your computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm a teacher and I was explaining how buoyancy can be regulated by divers. I explained that we wanted to avoid ascending too fast, so we checked our computers often. If we didn't check our computers, we might go up too fast and be seriously injured. After a moment of silence, one young lady looked at me a bit wide eyed and commented, totally serious, "Wow, I bet you hope your internet service never goes out while you're diving!"

She thought we got our information from our home PC's by IM or email.

You know you spend too much time diving when you try to type word docs on your dive computer.

You know you have too much money when you can afford a dive computer that actually CAN type word docs.

You know you've missed the point of diving when you spend your time underwater typing up word docs.

I keep trying to get email on my dive computer, and time remaining on my desk top. :rofl3:

TOM

JahJahwarrior:
You know you spend too much time diving when you try to type word docs on your dive computer.

You know you have too much money when you can afford a dive computer that actually CAN type word docs.

You know you've missed the point of diving when you spend your time underwater typing up word docs.
:lol: :lol: :rofl3: :lol: :lol:

Thanks, I need that. :)

I *DO* get e-mail on my dive computer... (but always below 110ft., for some reason...)

BKP:
I *DO* get e-mail on my dive computer... (but always below 110ft., for some reason...)

Yeah but I bet it's mostly spam

Interesting, I don't know whether this is supposed to be funny or serious?

I'll be serious because that's more my style. I watch my bubbles and that's how I ascend, but I will cross check the computer for the heck of it.

When you talked to your students did you leave the impression a computer was the only way you could safetly ascend?

I hope that my dive computer doesn't get the Blaster/Welcha worm and spew out garbage all over the ocean. How do I update the anti-virus definitions and turn on the firewall on my dive computer? Do you think I should run a spyware program?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom