Any wetnotes type printer paper?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BarryNL

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone ever heard of waterproof paper which can go through a laser printer? It would be useful to simply print deco tables and take them along rather than copying them (with occasional mistakes).

I guess you could use transparent laser film and put a wetnote page behind it but a waterproof white page would be better.

I'm trying to do something similar, but I have an inkjet unfortunatly.

Try it out though, what have you got to lose!?

www.riteintherain.com has waterproof paper for both copiers/lasers and inkjets.

A variety of sizes incluing 8-1/2 x 11" and A4, and 11x17 and A3. Just like wetnotes, it loses some of its mechanical strength when soaked.

Pages out of the riteintherain notebooks work fine in laser printers, but pages from the Dura Rite (the more plastic feeling stuff) notebooks do NOT. They will melt in the fuser. Yes. I did verify that the hard way. :)

There is some DuraCopy paper by Rite-in-the rain which keeps its mechanical strength even when wet, and will go through a laser printer.

Doing a google search on waterproof printer paper brings up a few companies. Finding a local staples or office depot that carries it might be something else.

Another option is to laminate the pages. Staples sells these clear page size sheets that I cut to fit. Be sure to leave a little overlap of plastic to plastic or the lamination tends to pull apart.

Hey if anyone orders a box of that I would like to buy a few sheets off them....freaking expensive though.

MilitantMedic:
Hey if anyone orders a box of that I would like to buy a few sheets off them....freaking expensive though.

I have some riteasrain paper... It works OK with a regular laser toner, it will start to flake if bent or scratched. It does work a little better with a micr toner (stuff that is used to print checks). It will ruin a fuser if you have an older HP printer 4, 4+, 4si. Yes, learned the hard way, those fusers are a lot hotter than the current laser printer fusers...

Go to Staples. they sell Kodak waterproof paper.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom