How do you get across ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shark_tamer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just got back from a dive vacation in the Carribean, and most of the divers in the group were " brits " .

I've never seen so many surface signals .... 9 out of 10 brit divers have a surface signal, but NONE had an underwater communication device !!!!

So let me know :

shark_tamer:
Just got back from a dive vacation in the Carribean, and most of the divers in the group were " brits " .

I've never seen so many surface signals .... 9 out of 10 brit divers have a surface signal, but NONE had an underwater communication device !!!!

So let me know :

So what kind of device are you looking for?

Here is what I carry
Surface signaling devices;
1. Whistle
2. Backup light
3. 2 dye markers
4. signal mirror
5. strobe
6. 6 foot Halcyon SMB

Underwater devices;
1. Hand signals
2. Small magnetic tablet

This all fits in my x-shorts and MC pack on my BP/W. The only thing not carried stowed is the whistle which is connected to the D-ring under inflator hose and the backup light which is clipped and rubberbanded to my right shoulder strap.

eh?

<random chars>

whistle
light
mirror
smb

tank banger (but no one ever hears it anyways. I almost always just grab them.)
slate
hand signals.

Sorry if I was not precise enuf !!!

I meant:

- Do you have a Dive-Alert Horn.
- Do you have a shaker.
- Do you have an inflatable surface signal ( sausage ).
- Do you bang on your tank.
- Or simply do not own such a device .... Will probable never have to use it anyways !

I have a Dive Alert for the surface and a shaker for underwater.

Bang tank with knife handle, if necessary. I do want to get a BuddyPhone someday.

Hey sasscuba,

Why don't you use you Dive Alert underwater ??

We use our lights to get buddy's attention. Then its hand signals. If the desired communication is beyond hand signal (usually comedy, or something profound like "its time for dessert") its wetnotes.

The thing I love most about diving is the silence. None of the team ever brings along something that makes noise.

In a pinch, knife on the tank will do.

Never needed it.

---
Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom