Just signed up for Dive Master

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vanDavid

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi Everyone,

I just signed up for the PADI DM and I was wondering if anyone compared the hard copy version of the Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving with the CD version? Is there any reason to buy the CD over the book?

cheers

David
Vancouver, BC

vanDavid:
Hi Everyone,

I just signed up for the PADI DM and I was wondering if anyone compared the hard copy version of the Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving with the CD version? Is there any reason to buy the CD over the book?

cheers

David
Vancouver, BC

... and I was there to witness the event ... :wink:

Good luck with the course David.

Bjorn

vanDavid:
And I do appreciate the fact that you didn't burst out laughing. :wink:

Why would I laugh? :)

It's your path, not mine. More knowledge is a good thing. Listen, evaluate, and use what makes the most sense to you.

You can learn from everyone .... though sometimes you'll learn 'what not to do' :)

You are wise beyond your years. Thanks Bjorn.

jeckyll:
Why would I laugh? :)

It's your path, not mine. More knowledge is a good thing. Listen, evaluate, and use what makes the most sense to you.

You can learn from everyone .... though sometimes you'll learn 'what not to do' :)

I bought the book myself.

I prefer the book as well.. It's handier than the cd-rom ~ you can take it everywhere, it's lighter than a laptop, don't need to boot the book up to read it, etc :D

If I remember correctly, and my memory is pretty poor, there might be faster updates available for download if you get the digital version. I would check with someone who doesn't have Alzheimers at 28 though....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom