How often do you dive?

How often do you dive in a year?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IceIce

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm curious about how many time you dive each year.

With the restrictions like time, leave, money, money and money, I only manage to squeeze in two long trips a year (more or less 20 dives) and some weekend trips (@5-6 dives).

With your current dive frequency, do you feel that you want to do more or less?
ANd what are your reasons to dive more or less?

I definately want to do more, but my restrictions are hardly negotiable.

I see that female divers tend to have more restrictions too as they can't dive during pregnancy.

I'd be in the water every night if I could, but I think the divorce would be even more expensive than the diving.

I've been averaging a couple dives a week over the last year or so. Not too hard with Venice (FL) Beach practically in my back yard. Prior to that, I dove maybe six times a month.

Not near enough...Especially now that the seasons are changing and making me depressed.

Next year I plan to be in the 16 to 50 category, but this year being cert late in the year, it just isn't working out.

I'd dive every other day if I lived near a coast!:14:

I don't think my gear has been totally dry all summer. Seriously.

101+ and I like it.

I managed 112 in my first year as a diver, starting in June of 2005.

I'm at 109 for this calendar year and that's a nice spot for me. With the season slowing down I'll be happy to hit 125/130. I'd have to say that some houdehold matters get short shrift. Managing that better is a goal, retirement would be nice right about now. :) I figure I'm no kid so I ought to get on with this fantasy while I can after waiting 30 years too long to begin. I figure it will wind down a bit over time but I'd like to backfill with some high intensity dive trips that keep the dive count up.

Pete

When I first came back to PA from LA and asked about diving I wastold there isn't any good diving around here and about 2 years later after searching and trying out different places I have about 30 dive sites within 1 hour of my house with the closest being 5 miles away. I have logged over 130 dives this year alone and if you look hard enough I'm sure you can find a place or 2 close by. The best part is all my dive sites just cost gas and air fill to dive...:)

BarryNL:
I'd be in the water every night if I could, but I think the divorce would be even more expensive than the diving.

Agreed!
However, a divorce would also mean I *could* splash every night... hmmmmm...

EDIT: I was *KIDDING*, honey!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom