Shore dive... Where do you leave your wallet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

greg454

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
It's probably a stupid question, but what the hell.

I've only done boat dives and have assumed that nobody on a boat dive would steal anything. But what about shore dives? In my life I always carry a wallet with money, credit cards, driver's license, etc. Where should I leave it?

If I'm diving dry, it goes in an undergarment pocket. If I'm diving wet, it's well hidden and locked inside the car.

Leave it in your {Bonaire :wink:} hotel room, or...

Any Driver's License and US Dollars are quite waterproof.

If you are diving in some place like the US, I'd go with secreting it within the vehicle.

In the auto, with the auto locked, assuming the auto has an alarm (not that people will do anything, but I feel better). Key to car in suit.

Assuming there's a reason you absolutely need to take it diving with you, put it in a otter box. We've had 2 vhf radios with us in a 2 different otter boxes for over 30 dives and taken it down to 125fsw without a drop of water in the box. Otter has many sizes and to my knowledge they are the only one rated to 100' you can buy for $8 to $15.

I'll hold it for ya' :eyebrow:

-----

Mike.

Locally, I'll leave in my locked car with my *main* set of keys. I have a spare door key which is in my BC. I also have a bottle of water that I leave outside the car (like behind the tire) that I can rinse the key off before using it.

On trips, all of my diving is resort (wallet stays in the room) or boat (wallet stays in the gear bag on the boat).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom