Farting at Five Fathoms???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FSU_KURT

Registered
Reaction score
I have been warned that increased pressure can force water into your butt if you let one go at 30 feet. Is it possible for water to rush in to unwanted places at depth when you squeeze one off? (i.e. a FART). :mooner:

good question, I can't wait to hear from the experts

This is the best post I'v eseen on here in a while LOL:rofl3:

I would not believe that you would need to worry about water ingress when blowing the main ballast. Still, If your valve is stuck for some reason.....I would expect that you would only have to worry about taking your suit off afterward.....Would you then hear the noise.......:rofl3:

I think someone needs to locate and re-post a link to the legendary video of The Warhammer Maneuver.

Yes, one must be careful to not execute an unintended Warhammer.

FWIW, my wife let one rip at depth once, had to work at it but otherwise it worked as it always does.

I don't know about water going in, but bubbles coming out both ends would make for a funny picture.

TOM

Nice to know that the curriculum at FSU fosters this type of questioning by currents students.

And to answer your question, hypothetically yes, in reality no.

The pressure inside you must be greater thanw ater pressure, otherwise you could potentially shrink as you go down. Really, this has to do with the reaction time of the sphincter. If your sphincter can't close that fast, fast enough to keep water out when you fart, then you will doubtless be in Depends on land too. Secondly, any water that entered should be expelled the next time you fart. It'd be like an enema....at five fathoms. It'd suck. But don't worry, as far asI can think, it'd be pretty much impossible.

No, this is not possible. The air pressure inside your colon will keep any water out just like it does normally unless intervention is used.

See, I knew the experts would know

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom