Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Padi Peak Performance Buoyancy

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    200 - 499
    peak performance translated in actuality is,know how to use your lung properly, consider it a redundant BCD, when you inhale, tendency for you is to go up a little, when you exhale, go down a little, that I guess is what you should master, go dive more, instead of buying the book.

Frequent Poster

Not on Maui...Not Happy

Dives
    500 - 999
    How do you get to Carnigie Hall proper boyancy control? Practice, Practice, Practice.
    If you're dead set on the PADI C.D., I'll bet there are some here that would send it to you at no charge.

That having been said....:popcorn:

Jon
    Jon

Scuba Instructor

PADI Master Instructor

Dives
    I just don't log dives
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon C
    If you're dead set on the PADI C.D., I'll bet there are some here that would send it to you at no charge.

That having been said....:popcorn:
    and you actually said that mere miles from PADI's home??? they may be knocking at your door by the end of the day

It always cracked me up in OC that the water temp drops from the 60's to the 50's and it's winter, so few people dive
    Preston Hobbie, PADI 13276
    Diving: Better than Therapy

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    50 - 99
    I've never seen the PADI DVD/CD for PPB, I did however take the class. I found the class to be of very little worth. Find yourself an experienced dive buddy who is willing to work with you, find a dive platform, and work trying to get and stay horizontal. This may involve removing weight, changing weight location, moving the BCD up/down, as well as moving the tank up/down. For me it involved removing my trim weights and that allows me to stay horizontal underwater. Once you figure out how to stay horizontal you can start working on the buoyancy itself.
    --
    TxHockeyGuy

ScubaBoard Supporter
    Go Red - Support SB!

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    2,500 - 4,999
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHobster
    It always cracked me up in OC that the water temp drops from the 60's to the 50's and it's winter, so few people dive
    Hey hey now. Some of us don't stop.

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    200 - 499
    Go dive. I took the course & it was a total waste of time & money. A great practice drill would be to take 3 hula hoops with different length ropes & 5 lb weights. Sink the hoops about 20 ft apart sink the first to 45 ft the second to 15 ft & the third to 30 ft. practice getting neutral at each hoop then swim through. Practice makes perfect.

Cave/Tech/RB Instructor

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    1,000 - 2,499
    Photos
    What I do is link the hoops about 5 ft apart and 2-3 ft height difference on a chain and drop the chain in 15-20 ft of water. It's not easy controlling your buoyancy that shallow along with quick changes, especially in 7mm.

BTW, the buoyancy course I teach involves this and much more.
    Rob Neto
    My website - Chipola Divers - Sidemount, Technical, Rebreather, & Cave Diving Instruction & Mentoring
    Visit Chipola Divers, LLC
    online store for great deals today!
    We sell KISS Rebreathers, SEAC gear, TillyTec Lights, Ralph Hood reels, EezyCut, a CO analyzer for less than $160, and more!

Frequent Poster

Not on Maui...Not Happy

Dives
    500 - 999
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHobster
    and you actually said that mere miles from PADI's home??? they may be knocking at your door by the end of the day

I thought it was the guys selling Christmas wrapping paper until I saw the Uzies.:11:

I actually applied for a job there sometime back, but talking to the employees, almost all of them said they ended up diving less once they started to work there...don't know why that would be.

And, look here Hobster, one can only complain about the cold water if one gets into the cold water...we dive...we freeze...we complain...we dive again.

I have a PADI disk on "Proper Donning of Gloves, if anyone is interested.

Jon
    Jon

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    100 - 199
    Photos
    I'm taking an AOW course at the community college this winter, even though I should have that rating before the class starts. (Cards do not equal skill/experience.) A number of people have said the instructor is good, and my own experience supports that. We'll have a lot of pool time, including sessions for buoyancy. Cost is about 90 for the class. Might be something to consider in place of the DVD (knowledge does not equal skill).

I do have a question to tack on to the thread. How can I feel manly when I go to the toy store to buy hula hoops?

Frequent Poster

Not on Maui...Not Happy

Dives
    500 - 999
    Tell them its a sex toy.
    Jon

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast