Padi Peak Performance Buoyancy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marcienko

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Guys

I’m very interesting in PADI PEAK PERFORMACE BUOYANCY DVD. Before I spend my $$$ I’d like to know if this is really good DVD that will really help me improve my buoyancy, or maybe some one can recommend some other books or sources .

Regards

Marcin

marcinny:
Guys

I’m very interesting in PADI PEAK PERFORMACE BUOYANCY DVD. Before I spend my $$$ I’d like to know if this is really good DVD that will really help me improve my buoyancy, or maybe some one can recommend some other books or sources .

Regards

Marcin
If you're serious about bouyancy, and are resistant to kool-aid, start talking to the DIR folks about fundies, unfortunatly one of the few places I know of (except for the odd individual instructor here and there) in sports diving today where there's really effective buoyancy control taught.

I'd have to say save the money and spend it on diving instead. You may want to talk to your local instructors and determine a course of action to concentrate on improving your buoyancy skills. In water practice is essential.

I am mostly PADI trained in addition to some TDI courses...But I would tend to tell you not to spend the money...You can get the same info in course material, but the books won't have the pretty scenary...then get in the water and practice...Knowledge is good. Experience built upon the knowledge is gooder:)

Buoyancy cannot be taught . . . it must be learned.

the K

I believe correct buoyancy control starts with proper weighting and no DVD, book or CD in the world is going to help you with proper weighting. That is a trial and error thing learned with practice. Not to mention the weight you use depends on varying conditions such as thickness of your exposure suit, whether you are in fresh or salt water, the size and type cylinder you use and other misc factors.
Get properly weighted, consider that your tank will change buoyancy as it empties and take that into account. Also consider that the deeper you go, the less buoyant your exposure suit is.
The principles are good to learn and maybe a DVD, CD or other media can provide you with the basis of good buoyancy control but without water time, you will never learn the skill.

I Have To Agree. I Ve Taken The Padi Peak Preformance Bouyancy Course; It Was Helpful In Getting The Basics Of Proper Bouyancy Control. To Achive "peak" Preformance Imo "pratice Makes Perfect"

The Kraken:
Buoyancy cannot be taught . . . it must be learned.

the K

Boy, howdy!!! Ya' just sed' a bunch there!

A good 'instructor' of one sort or another can assist with that learning process... but make sure they actually have the skills themselves and the patience to teach em'... but there is no substitute for just working with your gear and doin' the learning.

The Peak Performance Bouyancy *can* be a good starting point... but like all *education*... it is no subtitute for experimentation and experience.

My opinion... your milage may vary...
J.R.

Save your money and take the course from a very good instructor. It's unfortunate that the class can be taught by assistant instructors who may not know the slightest about proper buoyancy or propulsion. Anybody can teach the book. You want someone who can show you what mastery looks like and give you the tools to start mastering it yourself. No instructor can guarantee that your buoyancy will be perfect at the end of the class. They can only give you the tools. It's up to you to take the time and master them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom