Simple divelog insert template

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

arman68

Registered
Reaction score
Been reading this forum for a while, and finally registered to share my diving log template.

I could not find any dive log insert that really fitted my need. I wanted something simple, essential information only, not strict on how information was entered (ie: no lines to follow), no unnecessary checkboxes, plenty of space for comments (and photos). So I did my own :)

I actually borrowed some of the graphics (and boxes) idea from a template I downloaded from "Grant's dive page" a while ago. But as I cannot trace it back or find it in google, I cannot give proper credits for this. This also means I had to blow up the graphics from the PDF in Photoshop and save them as png instead of using some vector graphics. Still looks ok though.

You'll notice what I think is a very visual and simple way to write some information without clutter: for the weather and waves conditions, all you need to do is circle the corresponding graphical icon (ie: no check box, nothing to write or read).

Template is on A4 paper, to be printed double sided and cut in the middle to get 2 double sided A5 inserts. Original Visio 2007 document included; useful if you want to make some changes, or fill in some information electonically, or add some pictures, or modify the margins. BTW position are adjusted to get the best of my printer; maybe it won't work that well for you.

If you have any criticism let me know, that can be useful.

I don't why I cannot upload any attachment :-(

So until then, you will have to wait for the template, and I have uploaded the image to imageshack...
divelogtemplatedp1.png

That's not the template, it's just a screenshot to show how it looks like. I will upload the pdf and visio templates as soon as I get the authorisation.

Nice and simple. I'd change Air In and Air Out to Gas In and Gas Out.

Looks great. maybe a spot for different water types fresh/salt, and Lines for the people who can't write in a straight line..

I can't work out how this forum works: all my attachments upload fail, whether web based or local file, and I cannot edit my first post :-(

@Blackwood: Gas In and Gas Out, Done.

@CheddarChick: I think if you need to specify the water type, this can be part of the dive location or dive type. I left the big location box at the top fairly free form, so that I am free to use it as I see fit. As for lines, sorry, but that is one thing I have purposefully avoided in my templates; besides, where would the charm of a log book be without slanted writing, small drawings, etc ?

DiveLogTemplate1.png

Revised screenshot above. And I have temporary uploaded the templates here:
http://www.alamy.com/DiveLogTemplate.zip (editable Visio 2007 document)
http://www.alamy.com/DiveLogTemplate.pdf (printable pdf)

Print in A4 size, double sided, cut in half, and punch holes, for 2 double sided inserts (I think with Acrobat, you also need to uncheck the box to shrink it to printable area).

I would add a mix area to specify the gas type. Then add an area for the O2 clock and percentage in the NDL group area you have.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom