Sneezing...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

erparamedic

Vampire Girl......er Dork
Reaction score
I'm getting over a really nasty bout of a sinus infection.... and lately seem to be sneezing constantly! Of course, the nasal spray may add to that urge to sneeze too.

I'm just kinda sitting here thinking.... I've never sneezed underwater. I've peed, burped, spit, coughed, choked, farted, etc. I've never puked (thank God!), sneezed, or done the warhammer (and this chick will NEVER do the warhammer!!) underwater.

Has anyone ever sneezed while diving? Did it work out ok... or did you sneeze your reg out, mask off, and have lots of fishies swarm your nose for the free meal? :wink: LOL Just an honest question out of my boredom of being sick!

OH NO!!! One had to ask!!! LOL How's the "nice" way to say it....

It's the bodily function opposite of pee! LOL One may say "deficating".

Ok, ok... since you're new here, and it's surely an honest question from you... here's a link.... VIEW WITH CAUTION!!! (I copied this from another SB thread!)

http://www.mnscuba.com/yabbse/index.php?board=20;action=display;threadid=586

Welcome to SB Ricky!

BUT my thread is supposed to be about SNEEZING!!! LOL

(I should have never mentioned the "other"!! LOL)

<Warning! Graphic content follows!>

Now that you're going to look for sure.....

Yes, I've sneezed underwater at about 80'. It wasn't pretty. I fought the urge to sneeze for the longest time, then it just happened - ka choo! My wife heard it and gave me the "RCA Victor dog look", I just rolled my eyes and shrugged.

The sneeze filled up the bottom third of the left side of my mask with frothy snot. Yuck! After swimming around for a couple minutes with this mess, I finally couldn't take it any more. So I closed my eyes so my contacts wouldn't wash out, took off my mask, washed it out pretty well, and put it back on. I didn't quite get it all, but it was just a trace so I finished the dive.

Other than worrying about contact loss it was a pretty much non-event. Just messy.

All the best, James

Fdog..... LOL! Sooooooo funny! And it's hard to "truly" gross me out! Hence my screen name!

Glad it was only a "little" issue. I wear contacts too... so that's surely something to think about!

Any more gooey stories out there? LOL

TrickyRicky:
Yikes! I had too ask! LOL! I definately am getting
educated since joining scubaboard.

I think I would prefer sneezing.

:rofl3: I would much prefer the sneeze too! LOL

You may consider yourself initiated now that you know what the WH is! You asked.... I just provided the honest answer! :D

Really though.... SB is awesome! Glad to have you here!

Now... about those sneezes... any more stories? :wink:

Glad I just read the explanation and didn't watch the movie.

fdog:
Now that you're going to look for sure.....

Yes, I've sneezed underwater at about 80'. It wasn't pretty. I fought the urge to sneeze for the longest time, then it just happened - ka choo! My wife heard it and gave me the "RCA Victor dog look", I just rolled my eyes and shrugged.

Any idea about what caused you to sneeze? Besides the frothy snot? Did you have the urge to sneeze at the surface or did it develop underwater?

Back
Top Bottom