Steel 72's with yoke fittings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pegger

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I found out that where we are headed for our winter vacation supplies steel 72's with yoke fittings. If I recall this is the threaded fitting as aposed to the newer style k valve.
Are we still going to be able to use our reg's with some sort of an adaptor??
Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

A yoke would be the K valve. A J is like a K but with the reserve mechanism.

The alternate (threaded style) would be DIN.

What destination supplies steel 72s?

Pete

Pegger:
I found out that where we are headed for our winter vacation supplies steel 72's with yoke fittings. If I recall this is the threaded fitting as aposed to the newer style k valve.
Are we still going to be able to use our reg's with some sort of an adaptor??
Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Yoke is the "standard" North American style of fitting that you probably learned with in your OW course. That is where the reg fits over the top of the valve and you tighten the knob down to secure it. DIN is the style that threads into the valve face. I'm having trouble figuring out what style you have already based on your description, if you could elaborate a bit we could sort it out no prob.

spectrum:
A yoke would be the K valve. A J is like a K but with the reserve mechanism.

The alternate (threaded style) would be DIN.

What destination supplies steel 72s?

Pete

Were travelling to Cuba in Dec. and some info on the web from a diver who spent some time at this resort wrote that they supplied steel 72's with yoke fittings. I don't know why he would mention yoke on his posting if it were the standard k valve.(which our new equipment fits)
I tried e-mailing him to get further info. without a resonse yet.

Cheers

Probably so you would bring adapters if you had DIN regulators.

Pegger:
wrote that they supplied steel 72's with yoke fittings. I don't know why he would mention yoke on his posting if it were the standard k valve

If they said that they supplied steel 72's with standard k valves...there would be a fair number of divers who forgot what the k valve actually entailed, but do know what a yolk valve is. Telling people that they carry tanks with standard k valves is going to confuse some people. You know what a k valve is but there are some I'm sure who have forgotten. It is simply much easier and much more easily understood if divers are told the cylinders have yolk or DIN attachments. I'm not sure any resort or LDS will tell you they carry tanks with standard k valves...j valves...Oh and don't forget...we carry a large line of post k valves for your diving pleasure:)

Back
Top Bottom