SSI goes tech

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As in anything, interview the instructor regardless of agency

My AOW instructor is trying to become certified to teach the SSI tech course... I havn't found out to much about it yet though. Soon as he can teach it, I'll probably end up taking it.

Packhorse:
SSI have started a technical diving course.
Anyone know anything about it? I cant find much on their web site about it and Im trying to decide between a TDI course from another shop or the new SSI course been offered by my LDS. They have not started it yet and have no info.

This pretty much says it all . . .
I can't wait. :popcorn:

Why couldn't they have taken a calm, sane approach instead of trolling for excitement junkies looking for their next fix?

Terry

TXR_Header.jpg

lol... yea Web Monkey, the name and the XTR crap advertising is the first thing I noticed... It's a scary approach to something that should be very serious.

Web Monkey:
This pretty much says it all . . .
I can't wait. :popcorn:

Why couldn't they have taken a calm, sane approach instead of trolling for excitement junkies looking for their next fix?

Terry

TXR_Header.jpg
When you say "they" if you are reffering to my LDS they mentioned it to me because they know I have been looking into tech courses for a while. On the other hand if you mean SSI then I have no idea.

I like the way course material is layed out on Pete Mesleys site http://www.petemesley.com/Dive TEC/Tech diving main.htm
I have only heard good things about him. The price at $1200 NZ ($800US) for TDI advanced Notrox and Deco procedures reflects this. Another place offers the same course at $795. Both these do not include boat trips and gas. A third place offers the course at $670 inc boat and gas.

plot:
lol... yea Web Monkey, the name and the XTR crap advertising is the first thing I noticed... It's a scary approach to something that should be very serious.

Maybe they'll open up a network of chambers and helicopter extraction teams to hover over the dive sites waiting for all the XTREME DUDEZ to surface. :cool:

It's really a shame, because I've been though their whole program from OW to DiveCon and find they they're typically rather conservative and don't encourage divers to do more than they're ready for.

I guess marketing it as "Bringing you right up close and personal with your foot against Darwin's b***" just doesn't have the same feel. :cool:

Terry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom