DiveAssure...were they fair?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

del_mo

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
Back in August, my wife and I had our S/V Juliet liveaboard trip cut short due to some silly hurricane. We used 2 1/2 days of "trip" out of 6. Another way of figuring our damages is we had 1 1/2 days of diving out of 4 1/2.

The trip cost $1300 per person (including departure taxes). I did tip since it wasn't the crews fault, and they also lost a week.

I calculated my damages (not including tip), and thus my claim, at about $1850. There is a $100 (per person?) deductible. I was expecting something like $1650.

Do you think I was happy when I opened checks for over $2400? You betcha! No explaination on how they figured the number, and I'm not about to question it!

wow...they will be gaining market quickly, if they are conducting business this way. Glad to hear it. (I am a new Dive Assure member, based on no real knowledge)

Sometimes newer companies "try harder". It is still very nice that they gave you more than you claimed you were entitled to.

I have been a Dive Assure customer for over a year. Never had to use it for anything, thank goodness. But I liked their policy, and they seem to offer very good coverage.

If I may ask, what level of coverage did you purchase??

Diamond with the $1500 max per person per incident.

Mrs. Fdog and I use DiveAssure. Although (thankfully) we've never had to use their services, I have dealt with AIG, the parent corporation.

OMG. The check came so fast, there should have been a sonic boom. This is one of the things that pushed us over to DiveAssure.

All the best, James

del_mo:
The trip cost $1300 per person (including departure taxes).

There is a $100 (per person?) deductible

Do you think I was happy when I opened checks for over $2400?

No explaination on how they figured the number, and I'm not about to question it!

Seems obvious to me, $1300 trip cost - $100 deductible = $1200 x 2 persons = $2400

Back
Top Bottom