Anybody do a New Year's Day Dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shoredivr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Local fundraiser for children's cancer care, 34 divers out today.
Toronto, Humber Bay, Lake Ontario.

20 ft viz, 31 minutes, 38 degrees.

By the second dive, viz had dropped significantly.

Still fun!

Anybody else go diving?

Sick , otherwise i would have been in the water.

Yep. There was a group of us that went in around 11:45 pm New Year's Eve and came out around 12:20 am on New Year's Day... so we were actually diving as the new year rolled in. We had lots of fun and it was a great dive!

I hit the water this afternoon with my husband, my dive buddy Kirk, rjack321 and his wife, Uncle Pug, darkpup and his wife, GeeGee, and a fellow from my OW class lo these many months ago. The only big problem I had with the day was that I wanted to dive with almost ALL of these people, and a team can only have three :)

As it turned out, I dove with darkpup's wife, who is a LOVELY diver, and we had a pleasant dive marred only by the fact that she was attacked by a cabezon guarding eggs and it scared her nearly to death :D Almost an hour of cabbies guarding eggs, ling cod guarding eggs, ling cod so gravid they couldn't swim, rockfish, pile perch, painted greenlings, a couple of alabaster nudibranchs, and of course the ubiquitous starfish and crabs.

A large group debrief over Starbucks completed the social ritual which is scuba diving.

A wonderful beginning to 2007. Good diving with good divers and good friends.

I pulled a car out of a lake on the 1st. <1' vis in 40'. Took about an hour to find the car and 10 mins to get it out. Lady was trying to put on makeup on I-75 and lost control.

Did one on the 31st as well, same area. In a canal 4' vis in 35'. The joys of the job lol.

We were all still recovering from the party, so no diving on New Year's day for us. We did, however do a dive on the 31st. One of the best dives this year and a perfect way to end 2006.
I'm still waiting for pics which I will post on our website. Recoveries are taking a bit longer than expected :D

I had one planned but work interfered. But we got to go today, and had a nice relaxing shore dive on a sunken Japanese seaplane followed by practicing reel and smb skills. Just what I needed and a nice start to the new year.

Hope everyone has a fantastic 2007.

A group of us hit a 3 tank dive out of Jupiter for some lobstering, and hunting. Water temp was 76 degrees. The weather was great, the diving was great, and dinner will be later as well. We used Blue Tang Dive Charters, departure at 8 and back at 3, we traveled way south to hit some spots not frequently dived.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom