Technique goals for 2007?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TSandM

Missed and loved by many.
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I learned so much in 2006, it was amazing. I hope to move on to learning new things in 2007, but a couple of 2006 things are just not where I want them yet.

Ten foot stops aren't cast in stone. In the daytime, with nothing else to do but the stop, no biggie. At night, or while managing an SMB, and it all gets much dicier. This needs practice (and practice, and practice, and . . . Good thing I have more than one buddy who likes to do drills.)

Midwater disorientation is better but not yet good. I won't be happy until I can pass Bob's fiendish midwater navigation dive, a particularly nasty way to come nose to nose with no visual reference.

And maybe, if I just keep working on it, I'll tame my spastic left foot.

Once those things are done, I can move on to line skills, and flail around with them for a while. That should keep me busy for the year :)

Pulling stuff out and replacing things from my pockets. All to often I fumble around with the drygloves.

KMD:
Pulling stuff out and replacing things from my pockets. All to often I fumble around with the drygloves.

I fumble with wetgloves...

anything to do with kicking...

clipping and everything to do with holding something in one hand and having to do some basic things with the other (like handing stuff or de-inflating with the 'free' hand) without losing trim or sight of buddy

using a reel

current entry/exit techniques

oh and venting when in closed encounters (I have a bad habit of over-reacting if space is tight)

I don't want to spill any beer.

I want to improve my trim.

Puh-leese!! We can all see your avatar . . .

I want to train my left arm to do a valve drill as easily as my right arm does.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Not so much technique but decreasing the amount of weight on my belt. I have lost 10-15 LBS (body weight) in the last 2 months from diving and hope to lose a few more so I still need to adjust my belt weight.

And then just skills as a whole as I have only been diving for a few months. I start the rescue diver course later this month.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom