• Sinker

Votes: 71 46.1%
  • Floater

Votes: 61 39.6%
  • I must be neutral

Votes: 22 14.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

piikki

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a cold and am BORED. I want to post polls

Are you sinker or a floater? People always comment on my 'ability' to float (I could probably sleep on surface and not snort water). I have heard about 50% of people are floaters, the other half sinkers.

With nothing else but your swimsuit/trunks, do you float or sink in fresh water?

I can float but annoyingly with my head JUST under the water.

a floater for sure

I am kinda in between..my upper body floats, but my legs sink!:confused:

I'm definitely a sinker. I can lay on the bottom of my pool.
C-Dawg

Upper body floats ...legs sink.

I'm a hybrid !!

... during my Discover Scuba pool session, the instructor kept having to request more weights from the side of the pool in order for me to be able to descend. I had purged EVERY ounce of air from my BC and my lungs... but remained bobbing on top. Finally, he graciously commented, "Well... some of us are just more naturally buoyant than others." Hence, the Scubaboard moniker.... Big-n-Buoyant

Now, I'm not quite so big as 13 years ago (trimmed ~70 lbs!) but still just as buoyant. I still keep secret from the dive master or boat captain just how much I add because they try to talk me out of it! :D

B-n-B

I am a floater. I have been a competitive swimmer most of my life, and have two built-in buoys lol
My husband, on the other hand, sinks, no matter what. he literally uses 6 pounds with no wet suit to dive...lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom