What to pay for Nitrox cert?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sbrooks

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm looking into getting my Nitrox certification, and the average going price seems to be $150 w/out checkout dives (not required). Is this fee standard?

Also, what do you expect to pay for a nitrox fill? If you get fills for free, please don't rub it in! I don't! HAH :no If a normal fill costs me $6 CDN, would I expect $15 -$20 for a single AL80 nitrox?

S.

$150 Cdn sounds pretty nice. I've seen it as low as $100 US in the Florida Keys, but I paid a lot more for mine just a few years ago.

The extra charge for Nitrox is often $6 to $10 US a tank, sometimes less or even free, and some resorts off it for $100 US/week all you want.

I paid about $79 US last May in New Smyrna Beach Fla. including 2 dives. I had to buy the books and cd around $30. I think Sea Dogs in New Smyrna Beach is still running the AOW and nitrox course for $200 US.

I did my cert with Aquasub Scuba in Richmond Hill and paid $150.00CDN they did not require dives. I'm not sure how much the nitrox fills where because they charge by cubic foot. But I believe in Ontario the going rate is between $12-15.

Cheers.

-J.-

DandyDon:
$150 Cdn sounds pretty nice. I've seen it as low as $100 US in the Florida Keys, but I paid a lot more for mine just a few years ago.

The extra charge for Nitrox is often $6 to $10 US a tank, sometimes less or even free, and some resorts off it for $100 US/week all you want.

$150 is a pretty standard and fair price. You'll see it higher and lower based on what's included.

As far as fills, I've sen them as high as $20 per fill in some locations. I would say average price for nitrox fills is as Don says, $8 to $10, at leas in the Caribbean.

Most livaboards and some dive resorts will offer a weekly price, but that's only possible if they have their own compressor and blender on staff.

We paid $100.00 each for the class, books, and certification fee. I then had to pay a$22.00 entrance fee to the training facility, my class had the 2 checkout dives.

I think my LDS currently gets $195 US for IANTD basic nitrox. This is for the class -2 nights, 8 hrs training- the book, and a 2 tank boat dive including 2 tanks of nitrox.

A 2 tank dive here runs $70 per diver, and I think their nitrox rentals ar $8.80 per tank, so the class & book ends up being about $100 or so of the total.

sbrooks:
I'm looking into getting my Nitrox certification, and the average going price seems to be $150 w/out checkout dives (not required). Is this fee standard?

Also, what do you expect to pay for a nitrox fill? If you get fills for free, please don't rub it in! I don't! HAH :no If a normal fill costs me $6 CDN, would I expect $15 -$20 for a single AL80 nitrox?

S.

Your buddy is gonna charge you 20 a pop:rofl3:

range around Ont is 15-20

Oh and yes I do pay for Nitrox only get free air:mooner:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom