SDI Online Nitrox

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paddler3d

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm looking for any feedback on SDIs Online Nitrox course.

On the website theytalk about how the course is more computer based than tables based.

I already know how to figure out EAD with different concentrations of O2, but seems odd not to teach the couse w/o learning tables.

Call me oldschool.

Any thoughts and/or experiences are welcome!

Thanks.

I have had good feedback from this course - see below for more details.

As an SDI Instructor Trainer I have been teaching the SDI Easy Nitrox program for about three years. This course is for recreational divers and the students know up front that they need a nitrox dive computer. The on-line program is identical to the book version of this course and is pretty complete. One of the things that I like about the on-line version is that the student has to get a 100 percent score on the test to pass. They also need to meet with an instructor for further evaluation of their knowledge. So it is pretty much the same as the book version - just a bit more convenient for computer savy people.

When you get down to the basics all the recreational nitrox diver needs to know is what mix he/she wants, what is the maximum depth for that mix and how to analysis their gas before their dive.

If you plan on going on to a technical course then take the TDI Nitrox course. You will get lots of exposure to tables there.

It sounds like the SDI course would get you going and then if need be taking the TDI Advanced Nitrox along with Decompression Procedures would be the next step.

Thanks for this info.

cgd

Back
Top Bottom