Online gear shopping

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kelpninja

Reaction score
I am thinking about placing an order for a mask and snorkel online. The company, scubastore.com is located in spain (im loacted in the US). Has anyone had any experience with this website?

Any help appreciated.

Not heard of them, but you might want to think of an online retainer that you don't have to pay for international shipping. I just placed another order with www.scubatoys.com today and after placing a larger order with them earlier this past week. Great service, great prices and if is doesn't work, no problem they have an easy return policy and it will only cost a few dollars to ship within the US. SB members get a 10% discount. Unless it is something special that can't be found here, I would stay a little closer to home.

Just curious;

1. Why online for mask and snorkel-not high priced item and mask good to try on?

2. Why not a US internet store?

I just looked over their web site. They give a warranty not through the mfg, but through them. Same deal that www.leisurepro.com does here in the US. I have bought from LP as well as Scuba Toys. Scuba Toys is my first online choice, but have bought from LP when I wanted something the ST did not stock.

Leigh, if ScubaToys aint got it and they are dealers for it, they will get it for you. Also, they will match anyone's price. I am promoting ScubaToys but I do agree they give very good service and if I couldnt find something local, they would be my first online choice

I deal with them all the time

Carribeandiver:
Leigh, if ScubaToys aint got it and they are dealers for it, they will get it for you. Also, they will match anyone's price. I am promoting ScubaToys but I do agree they give very good service and if I couldnt find something local, they would be my first online choice

Good to know. I didn't know Scuba Toys could do that. I do know they can be very accomodating with what they have. I order something today and Joe went out of his way to make me happy and reconfigured something I wanted to suit me. Then I called back and added some other stuff and talked to Kip and he was very helpful. I get treated the same way whether it was the large order--well large for me-- of several hundred dollars or the additional item for under $10 that I added onto to my order today.

I have called there dozens of times asking questions to try to figure out what I want. They are so great. No pressure to buy right away. They always answer and then say just let us know when you are ready and if we can help you we will --and they always do. And it doesn't matter if I am talking to the owners Joe and Larry or one of the resident tank monkies, I always get great service and someone on the phone who knows what they are talking about.

I have to tell you that Scuba Toys was nicer to me and seemed to appreciate my first order to them of $50 including shipping for two sets of cheap fins as a birthday gift for my newphews than my LDS at the time did for a a single pair of fins that I paid $200 plus some other stuff that I paid for in cash --that LDS purchase total was around $300--anyway paid cash so the LDS would have to pay a processing fee for the credit card. It was that experience and how differently that I was treated that made me stop buying local and start buying online. Here you have a place that paid for my phone call to them. Charged me $50 of which 10 was shipping, so that leaves $40 and then the packaging cost, man power to pack and the fin cost. So on this first order they probably make $2-10 when all was said and done and they treated me like I was the best customer they ever had.

I had gone to the LDS to purchase the fins for the kids to play in the pool, but they were out of stock on the sizes I needed and I really couldn't get anyone to help me. When I finally did, they said they could order, it would be a couple of weeks, cost double what Scuba Toys was charging and I would have to deal with the shipping. So I thought this would be a great time to try out those online guys. They helped me with the sizing for the boys and came up with a perfect fit.

Oh and I called the guys at Scuba Toys magic fairies in another thread and they didn't get mad at me. Gotta love someone with a sense of humor who gives great service. What more could you ask for!!!

that was only because you are a girl and all men like to be nice to girls.

Carribeandiver:
that was only because you are a girl and all men like to be nice to girls.

I was a girl when I went to the LDS. Maybe I sound hotter on the phone than I look in person! LOL:rofl3:

I wll buy from almost anyone... including Scubastore.com... but I like Larry and Scubatoys, and scuba.com...but scubastore is actually fairly responsive, and if they have something you cannot get anywhere else, then you can do worse.

Back
Top Bottom