Celebrity Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sambolino44

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I wonder how many famous people are divers? I have had a hard time finding out. I've heard that Jerry Garcia was a diver. Apparently Jessica Alba dives. Also Pierre Trudeau. I found a list here

http://www.underwaterhollywood.com/commercialcredits2.html

I'm especially interested to know about politicians. I wonder if W is certified.

Who else?

Tiger Woods is Full Cave certified

he got his training at Luraville, with Cave Outpost

Jeff Gordon - Nascar driver
Greg Norman- Pro Golfer
Tom Cruise- Actor
Lloyd Bridges- Actor ( Seahunt!)

That's all i can think of right now....

Leonard Nimoy scuba dived and was in several Sea Hunt shows back in the late 50s and early 60s. Jimmy Johnson (the exCoach not the racedriver) owns a house in Key West and a boat he dives from.

Rumor has it that Paul Allen, yeah the really rich one, is a diver.

Here is another link of Famous Scuba Divers. This one includes some background on why some of them dive.

coachrenz:
Rumor has it that Paul Allen, yeah the really rich one, is a diver.

Rumor verified... one of his "smaller" yachts (300+ ft) has visited Catalina. According to the crew (and my failing memory) it is equipped with "bunks" for 16 divers, and has its own recompression chamber on board (not to mention a power boat and sailboat on either side and a helicopter).

I kick myself for not buying Microsoft stock early, early on.

It his also rumored that one of his vessels cruised by our dive boat while I was under water, and kicked up enough of a wake that it upended a local's boat that was a bit inshore and ahead of us. Probably not the vessel's fault though.

By the way, there was an earlier thread on this very subject but I'm too lazy to search for it.

What I'd like to know is how many are active divers. I'm sure a lot of celebrities on those lists just got certified for a film. The fact that Tiger Woods is full cave cert is very cool.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom