heard bad news while diving today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sweenz

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
while out in sw florida diving today, we heard over the radio for a distress diver. Its seems he did a 100ft dive, came up threw a new tank on and within 15 minutes was back in the water, back down to 100ft, burned his air out then came right to the top. They called for a med flight and he was taken to Lee memorial in Ft Myers. With the radio going in and out, it was hard to hear the details, so mine might be sketchy. Anyone hear anything??

Sounds like someone was just plain stupid.

or sounds like some real good diving

No dive is good if you don't survive it.

crpntr133:
Sounds like someone was just plain stupid.

I disagree.

There's nothing plain about that stupidity. Being that stupid takes some talent!

Stupid doesn't take talent. As my evidence I cite scubaboard.com

No excuse for stupidity!!!!!!!!

It's not how many dives you make. It's the quality of the dives and how many you surface from- healthy!

No kidding I mean do people think that when there Instuctor in OW was lying about the bends. I mean that just doesn't make sense.

stepup:
No kidding I mean do people think that when there Instuctor in OW was lying about the bends. I mean that just doesn't make sense.

You assume he was certified.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom