Happy New Year !!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divingsteph

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I was a very long time without a connection so to start I would like to wish a wonderful year 2007 to everybody on ScubaBoard and their families.
I am on a little Island of the Canary Islands called Tenerife, and I set up a blog about it which you can check out here
I am Back online now. It is not easy on this island to get a hi-speed internet connection and it took 8 weeks to have it installed and they told me three weeks max.:confused:.

Anyway here we have pretty good diving. Unfortunately the year dit not start well for everybody. Last saturday there was an accident on the dive site "the mushrooms" and a diver's body was found at 27 meters by a friend of mine. The guy was with a group, panicked and went all the way up to the surface with an empty BCD, an 16 pounds weight belt and a 15 liters steel tank. No body was doing boat cover. That's what happen in not seriuos diving centers. With a boat cover the guy would be still alive. Instead of that his family was waiting on the beach and my boat's friend brought them back the body.:(

I am very upset about that because diving is so safe when you respect the safety rules and because of these diving center who just care more about the money they make, some people are scared of diving.:shakehead

I am teaching now for almost 10 years and I've seen so many broken rules. It is very sad and I think all the big diving association, PADI, NAUI, ACUC, CMAS, SSI etc. should send some inspectors under cover as regular divers to see if dive resorts are respecting the safety rules.

Anyway... That was just a thought about what happened on our little island.

Back
Top Bottom