I maybe moving to Korea,

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubagirl_61

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
hi Everyone,
I might be moving to Korea for my husband's job.
I'm looking for some info on Korea.
Has anyone done any diving over there? Is there any diving over there lol
Thanks
Scubagirl_61

You'll have a blast, I didn't get to dive but the history and sightseeing is phenomenal. I know they were freediving off Cheju-Do when I was there but it was a few years before I took my ow so I didn't get to partake. The country was a blast and the people were wonderful, should be very enjoyable time.

I lived in Seoul for 18 months and found that there was really no diving worth while. The West Sea is shallow mud flats with huge tide swings. The East Sea, might have some thing but I never got over there. Cheju-Do has the best diving (which isn't great) and is easily traveled to via air plane. But if you are going to get on an airplane, Okinawa is a only 300 miles away...

Outside of the no diving, I had a great time in Korea though.

Jonathan

scubagirl_61:
hi Everyone,
I might be moving to Korea for my husband's job.
I'm looking for some info on Korea.
Scubagirl_61
Get a coat. :D

Gary D.

Haha, when I first saw this thread I thought the title was "maybe I moving to Korea." And I thought, "Well she's already got the lingo down." :rofl3:

There's lots of decent to good diving in Korea. It's not South East asia but there are hundreds of dive sites all along the south and east coasts and Jeju island. I have logged about 70 dives on these sites. Jeju has excellent diving. Lots of pretty corals that are in really good shape when you consider the number and types of divers who go there. East coast is best in the spring when the water is cold. You can see seahorses at certain sites on the south coast if you go at the right time. I think the window is only about 2 or 3 weeks when the temps are at their warmest for the year. If you have any specific questions, pm me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom