Guam - Palau: connection time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Phenol

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just a quick question:

My wife and I are going to Palau for a dive trip in March. We have the option of cheaper tickets that would entail a 50 minute connection in Guam. Is that doable?

As long as the planes are on time...:D If I remember right, I think we had to go through security before connecting. I'm sure others will chime in here. I now fly to Manila and then to Palau. Asian Spirit flies there now and is cheaper than Continental.

That might be cutting it kind of close i would think, but I don't know how big the guam airport is. I'd be most concerned about making it to you connecting flight's terminal in time. as long as you don't have to pass through security again, you should be OK.

The 50 minutes is the usual for one of the main Continental flights. I was worried as well, BUT everyone said not to worry...the smaller flight always waits for the inbound because almost all their passengers are coming from the Guam inbound.

I have done that one five times in the past few years and it was true what they said.....of course I would feel bad if you did it and missed.

I felt that the worst case senario was acceptable to me....you could ask what the next flight would be?

I would pick up the Continental from Newark, Houston or LA...to Guam.
Air Micronesia (Continental), "Air Mike" Guam to Koror.

You'll love the Blue Corner action!

For us, I try and use mileage for the Guam-Koror portion as it is almost as much as the LA to Guam portion. (More efficient to use mileage than cash for that portion)...I had it figured out at one time, cash was better for the leg to Guam.

Once I got on the plane that stopped everywhere...still not sure how that happened, but there is a flight that lands all night long various islands.

The Guam airport is small so if you are on time you'll be ok. Every time I've flown into Guam, I have been on time or early, so everything will depend on issues at the departure airport.

Catherine, you were on the island hopper that goes back and forth along Guam-Chuuk-Pohnpei-Kosrae-RMI-Honolulu (I think).

oh yea...that would be it.

must have been the "mileage ticket".

Phenol:
Thanks everyone, this was helpful. We are so looking forward to this trip :D

Wave out the window when you get to Guam and I'll wave back:14:

Back
Top Bottom