dry periods

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fill the bathtub, put a little blue food coloring in it along with some plastic fish and go diving. :wink:

Gary D.

Hi. My name is Fire-Diver, and I'm a dive-aholic. Its been 2 months since I got wet. May be another 2 months before I get again. I spend most of my time in the fetal position, in a corner, crying and holding my regulator.

FD

For me it's not so much as being stuck away from where I can dive but rather needing to get things done other than diving. I focus on being productive so that I can go play guilt free when conditions permit.

Days like today are freebies. The seas are calm, the water is unseasonably warm and the tide is OK but the air temperature is 18F That makes it easy to set diving aside and knock off some chores. When I feel like getting my head into dive stuff there is always some gear that can use attention, something to study up on or posts like this to write.

Having other hobbies is also a big help. during the winter my snowblower collection and website can be very consuming too.

If I were (trapped) away I'd remind myself that there really is more to life than diving and since it's not in my control at the moment I'd be smart to make the most of the opportunity.

Pete

for me, harsh winter conditions last about 6 weeks

how harsh? so cold i might have to wear a tee and socks to bed at night as its so cold!!

how i deal with this.... we go to the tropics for a couple of weeks until the worst is over :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom