OMG - The Sea Lions, the Sea Lions....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mo2vation

Relocated to South Florida....
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Done a bunch of Sea Lion dives. Never one like this. 46 minutes of madness. They're all mental, and I love it.

I just had to get this out of the SoCal Forum, as I'm sure there are many of you non-SoCal's that also love to dive with Sea Lions. A few pics and a link to the report.

My buddy was, as usual, our own HBDiveGirl (Claudette.)

What a ride!!!

---
Ken

Link to the post in the SoCal Room!

This is what it looked like most of the dive. We dropped into about 40 or 50, and before long there had to be about twice that many with us.
73363561.lgdnPE7y.jpg

When we got away from the crowd, some would always come back to get us to play!
73411947.bITL7kIq.jpg

Play with me! Play with me!!
73386744.BlvMjUNK.jpg

'Chica taking a breather, while three more try to get her to roll with them some more
73388887.srE2OWBK.jpg

The thoughest thing was trying to isloate one or two in clean water. The Sea Lion throng kept the place good and silted for most of the dive.
73412352.vWuh9rgH.jpg

Floater!
73387608.y6lozjFV.jpg

ZOOM!!!!!!!!!!
73388045.FqxRA84x.jpg

Remember, if you get the Red X Of Death, just right click and hit “Show Picture.” If the pic doesn’t show up, hit f5 to reload the page, and try again.
If it still doesn’t work, you can always go here for the full gallery.

That looks incredible!

Fantastic shots. I want to dive with sea lions now. Scribbling it onto my rather lengthy list of dives to do!

OMG that is sooooo awesome. Ken, I am sooo jealous. To make matters worse, I am not diving for another six days. You and 'dette are so, so lucky. Thanks so much for sharing. Though I am jealous, I really do appreciate it. :D

That "Zoom!" picture is art, Ken. Absolutely mystical. What an amazing dive that must have been.

Are you guys going to lay on sea bass and sea lions for me when I come down for my birthday?

Looks like a normal dive day... at Los Isoltes off La Paz!

Nice shots Ken. Glad you and Claudette had a set of great dives. Haven't been to Anacapa in a few years. Definitely time to return.

Those of you who dive with them, keep in mind the juveniles love to nip at divers and they do carry several diseases which are transmittable to humans.

By the way, Ken, did you see the great white shark that scared them in towards you?

TSandM:
That "Zoom!" picture is art, Ken. Absolutely mystical. What an amazing dive that must have been.

Are you guys going to lay on sea bass and sea lions for me when I come down for my birthday?

hee hee.. only if its in August! The GSB are all over the place.

Hope we don't need to wait THAT long to see you.

I understand I have another profile pic to shoot.... :wink:

Get down here already!

---
Ken

Fantastic shots! That has to be like watching a kettle of popcorn popping. (Reminds me of my freshman classes I currently teach--never a dull moment).
Thanks for sharing the great photography and report.

drbill:
By the way, Ken, did you see the great white shark that scared them in towards you?

:sharkattack:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom