Do you eat before you dive?

Do you eat before a dive?

• I fast before a dive, liquid only.

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • I fast before a dive, no food nor liquid.

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I eat a light meal before a dive.

Votes: 78 41.1%
  • Eating and diving does not bother me, I eat full meals.

Votes: 99 52.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fisherdvm

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I tend to get sea sick on rough sea. So I eat very little before a dive. Usually a cup of coffee, and half a toast....

I remembered diving during RITA off cancun, and half the folks were white as a ghost. Almost all the women stay on board for the second dive, and half did not even go down for the first.

I remember the feeling of wanting to puke once. I was told it was OK to puke through the regulator, but I was able to wait till we surfaced before emptying my stomach...

HAVE YOU EVER PUKED THROUGH A REGULATOR BEFORE??

no problems noted with motion sickness. With an asbestos mouth and Iron stomach, I eat normally.

Me too, just need to figure out how to eat during a dive.

Never before morning dives (I hate breakfast). Always before afternoon dives. Seasickness is not a problem :)

(1) I generally don't eat breakfast at all... unless I'm diving, and then I eat a hearty one :)
(2) No.
Rick

If I'm hungry I'll have a full breakfast, if not I'll just have coffee and a bagel or something.

I try to have a light meal comprising of primarily breads and water before going on a dive or a flight. Not only does it take the edge off my hunger until it's time for lunch, but I also find myself more vulnerable to sea- and air-sickness on an empty stomach.

Before a boat ride, I try to avoid greasy foods, and anything that dramatically increases stomach acids like coffee and juices. I find this out the hard way on a choppy boat ride immediately after having a McDonald's breakfast with orange juice :11:

before, after, during ... bring it on

beer at the end of the day is awesome

fisherdvm:
HAVE YOU EVER PUKED THROUGH A REGULATOR BEFORE??

yeah ... a lot... it's pretty easy

the trick is to hold the regulator to your mouth so you don't drop it and inhale water

Back
Top Bottom