Got my cards in a week

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Last week I took NAUI AOW and Nitrox in Roatan and this week, both the cards arrived in the mail. I have seen posts on here where people have asked how long before cards are mailed. I think this answers that question, it depends on when the application is submitted because NAUI sure doesnt take long to turn it around.

It took me almost 4mos to get my navigation specialty card, but that was no fault of PADI's. It turns out that the instructor I did the course with had been through the training to teach navigation, but forgot & failed to turn in the necessary paper work to be eligible to certify divers in it (Oops!). He didn't even realize it until he got a notice from PADI about my pending certification. On average though it takes about 6 weeks from the time I complete a course until I see my cards. Part of that is because my card goes through my LDS, so that my instructor can record the certification. She does this so if the card is lost, she has record & can make the replacement easier.

We got our PADI Rescue cards 10 days after certification. Many shops will submit the paperwork to PADI electronically now, which streamlines the process.

It took 3 weeks for my OW card to arrive from California USA.
The photograph makes it look like my inmate card at a max correctional facility.

It took about 8 weeks to get ours. Ditto on the photo quality.

Naui (and SSI) have no photos. The course director faxed the applications which is why I received the cards in a week. Faxed from Roatan on a Wednesday, I received the cards in the mail in New Orleans the following Wednesday.
Why do shops find it necessary to wait until they have several before they submit the apps?

It's cheaper to bulk mail them. My instructor usually mails them off within a week of the course. Now, my instructor uses snail mail to send off & recieve the applications. It must go from KY to California (about a week to ten days- alittle longer in this case because of the holidays), then get processed (took a while because, to my understanding, PADI was closed Christmas through new years, so I'm sure there was some back log, so probably 2-3 weeks or more), then sent back to KY to the LDS (another week to ten days), where my instructor records the #, just in case the card is lost, so it can be replaced easier, then sent to me (2 days). I sent off my Master Scuba Diver Application on Dec 22. The Cert. showed up on PADI's web site right at the end of Jan. The card should hopefully arrive at my house in a few more days. It's been right at 7 weeks now.

It took me 18 months to get my TDI intro card. And they misspelled my name.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom