Bad day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Central Fla

Contributor
Reaction score
I wake up this morning wanting a nice cup of coffee ( bare with me here it's been a long day ), I had 4 days off and had plans of diving Alexander springs and setting a date for my first liveaboard (Blackbeards). Yesterday I signed and paid for my passport at the public records office and this morning was going to be a fun filled day. At first light we got a call from my brother, his home had been hit by a tornado. I got into my truck and proceeded to his house which has a long driveway and spent a while chainsawing a path to his home. Everyone was alright, we cut the trees down that were on power lines and I ran into town to pick up the fittings to repair the broken well lines. On the way back I'm getting ready to turn into his drive and thats the last I remember for a while. I woke to a sherriffs deputy and a medic asking me the basic what planet are you on questions. It took me a while but I managed to come around when the guy started to put a C-collar on me and said the chopper will be here shortly I woke up, last night I was reading the liveaboard & insurance threads. The insurance threads discussed the expense of chopper rides, honest to the Lord up above I thought of the SB discussions and sat up straight (as best I could). Stop !! I wasn't bleeding or hurting accept my head. They tried to baker act me because I was out for a while and had a lump on the side of my head, but the physician consolt over there radio said If I was A & O x 4 the unit needed to move along and help with the tornados. Headache and all when I got home I went directly to the dive insurance sites to choose one for my dive vacation, I chose divesafe because of it's simplicity, I called divesafe and they said, "sorry", we don't insure PADI divers. I'm OK, sympathy is not needed, just a long way around to tell the insurance story.

Central Fla:
I wake up this morning wanting a nice cup of coffee

So... did you get the coffee? :coffee:

Got bonked pretty hard on the noggin, I guess. Divesafe doesn't offer insurance for PADI "professionals" (ie: DM's Instructors and the like). PADI does that on their own thru another corporate authorized insurance group.

Divesafe has no problem with PADI certified divers.

Your usage of the phrase "PADI Diver" was undoubtedbly due to your... thingie.

Ok so I am not 100 % yet and forgot the part about the other car slamming into me, never got the coffee but I am going for hot chocolate and my bed, Goodnight all!!

P.S. I do own a pony bottle but didn't have it with me :)

Central Fla:
I do own a pony bottle but didn't have it with me :)

Ahh, good. that is step 1 of the 12 step program. Let go, grasshopper. You will not need your pony on Blackbeards.

Take another form of protection. Much more useful.

Central Fla:
Ok so I am not 100 % yet and forgot the part about the other car slamming into me, never got the coffee but I am going for hot chocolate and my bed, Goodnight all!!

P.S. I do own a pony bottle but didn't have it with me :)

Think of it this way. You're the luckiest guy in the world today. You've had a serious car accident, maybe the only one you'll ever have and you'll walk away from it.

The rest of your life is gravy. Think of this experience as a gift to remind you of that fact every day from now on.

R..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom