Getting back from Utila

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am off to Utila in April and am now busy planning travel arrangements. I have the roundtrip air to and from U.S.-San Pedro Sula and I am aware that there is a 2 pm flight from San Pedro Sula to La Cieba and there is a 4 pm ferry from La Cieba to Utila BUT, what about coming back?
My flight departs from San Pedro Sula (back to the US) at 1:33 pm; does anyone know when the flight from La Cieba departs for San Pedro Sula?
Also, does anyone know when the ferry departs from Utila back to La Cieba?

You could save yourself all the worry and stress by just staying in Utila.

believe me, I am considering that option

Around 6am for both the ferry and flights.

BTW there is a Bay Island Forum in the Travel section.

We did the Utila Aggressor last year and it was a real cluster to get there! Coming home wasn't too bad except for the connection in Miami. Hope for you the arraignments are better. If I had to do it again, and the conditions were the same, I'd go to Roatan. Much easier to make the connections. We did have a lot of rain and that had a part in the problem, but we ended up on several different airplanes, a bus, a taxi, an overnight stay and fairy, just to get from Tampa to Utila. Never again.

I just came back from Roatan. I like Utila because it is so remote, smaller island, less people, etc. You must have traveled by American. In Roatan, there was a guy coming from Minnesota that took 4 days to get to Roatan. His Minneapolis flight got cancelled and that caused him to miss all his connections. He had to go to several cities, catch several planes and ended up in San Pedro Sula, then La Cieba, then ferried over to Roatan. We all felt badly for him, he needed a vacation just to release the stress of going on vacation.
And do you mean ferry? Cause if I had to catch a fairy, that would indeed be a difficult trip. (just messin with ya)
Come on Dan, turn that frown upside down, come meet me in Utila, we will have a great time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom