May I join you?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I just recently found this BB and I like it! I live in the Houston area and have been a working DM for about 2 years. Alot of my local diving is done in local lakes and quarries and the Gulf of Mexico but we do manage to get to the Caribbean 2-3 times a year. My husband is also a DM.

I really enjoy underwater photography and practice it every chance I get. You can see some of my photos at: http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=624404

I hope to have something to contribute here in the future.

Dee

Dee and Spouse:
Welcome aboard. It's always great to here from divers from the REAL world, I dive lakes most of the time myself, love the 4' viz. Really maks you appreciate the ocean. Seriously I spend 90% of my diving in freshwater lakes. Tenkiller, Broken Bow, Quachita & Beavers Bend.
Haven't been to any lakes in "The Great State of Texas", maybe you'all can give me some tips on the good ones.
Just don't send me to any piss holes just because I live in Okla.
It's great to here from a neighbor.

Most of our lake diving is in Lake Travis in Austin. Those low vis lakes do have their own special charm! Not to mention honing your navigation skills!

I have cyber friends who dive up in your neck of the woods. Maybe we can all meet in the middle somewhere!

Hello Dee,

Welcome to ScubaBoard! We are happy to have another dive buddy around. Your comments, questions and input are always welcome.

In the meantime, if there is anything I can do for you, please let me know.

Cheers,

I've been trying to learn about all the features on Scuba Board and these I can't figure out.

1. The stars under the posters name denote voting of some sort. Who votes and how?

2. I see Junior Member, Member, and yours is Super Moderator. Moderator I understand but what's the difference in the members?

I really like all the ways to contact the posters, that's really nice. In fact, the more I use this board the easier it gets!

Thanks,
Dee
fish.gif

Hi Dee,

1) The stars under the user names denote posts. The more posts you make on the board, the more your stars get filled in. 0-50 is one star, 50-100 is two stars, 100-250 is three stars, etc.

2) A Junior Member is someone who has less than 25 posts to the board, a Member is someone who has more than 25 posts. The difference between Moderator and Super Moderator comes from the overall control over the board assigned to the user. A Moderater generally has control in one or two topics. A Super Moderator generally has the power to moderate most or all of the topics on the board.

If you have any other questions, just let me know.

Cheers,

nt

Hi Dee. Glad you found your way over here. I see you've already found the photography forum! Don't forget to get Beast to register so he doesn't lose his chance at the board-name.

Bill

nt

Heya Dee,

I was just looking at your photos and thought I would show you the site at ImageHarbor.com where you can use their site to turn your Photos into a Free Image Gallery and Virtual Postcard system. Its kinda cool to be able to use your own photos for the postcards stuff, plus you can customize the page to look anyway you want.

=-)

Back
Top Bottom