solo diving info please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reeldive

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Ok here goes-- Know that I'll catch a lot of flak but want to know

Seems that SOLO DIVING is one of those things that needs to be adressed. I dive with a cameras more than any thing else. Locally most divers are steel slingers, ie. spearfishing. They are. by practice, solo divers!! not one of them can produce any thing that says they'er certified as solo divers. What this means to me is that I frequently find my self in a solo diver situation. That means that I cut my dive short and do a slow accent( with saftey stop) and spend the next 20 - 30 min watching bubbles. I tried to look into the SOLO DIVER sub forum to find out about training and certification only to find out that , if I ain't one I ain't welcome== THANKS you bunch of sanctamonious AH's. Maybe that is why there are so many UNCERTIFIED solo guy's out there.

Any way now that I've got that offf my chest=== what agencies do such training? Are there any in the Panama City, FL area.

Maybe I just need to give up on local diveing as it just ain,t safe as there just aint such a thing as buddy diveing in the PC area

the forum is not closed. it is restricted until you register. that is easily done by clicking here and there and writing a short statement describing why you wish to enter the forum. Read the whole paragraph that seemingly blocks you out and follow the directions. As I have been informed, the purpose is to keep the noise down.

Two of the guys I dive with have taken the Solo class that Do it Easy listed. I believe there are some equipment considerations that you will should look into when considering this (they carry redundant air sources etc....)

Good luck.

I just have not seen much use for a solo certification yet. I believe there are a number of books available on solo diving if you are looking for ideas. It's really not difficult. Think about all those things that a buddy can help with. And then figure out how you will handle them without a buddy. If you are not comfortable, don't do it.

The solo forum is a good place to ask questions. Who said they don't want you in there? You don't have to solo, if your just curious come on in. I solo a lot with my camera too.

Some of the live-aboards I've been on recognized some sort of solo training and briefed the other guests on the fact that that one of the other divers was a certified "solo diver" and not to worry if the spotted him by himself. We do a lot of live aboards so thought that it might be a good idea. any way thanks for the input and the info on joining the group
CU all ther from time to time

Most of the time I dive my own boat in the Panama City area.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom